Julius Brackin apparently initially thought Stickridge was a humorous name when he established the post office there in 1885, but two years later he changed its name to Eastland (whose mail was moved to Thompsonville in 1905, two years before the latter was renamed McIver). Stickridge/Eastland was located just a mile or so off NC 150, near Trinity Baptist Church, on a road leading toward Cherry Grove. Source: Dr. H. G. Jones.
Julius A. Brackin was the first U.S. Postmaster at Eastland, Caswell County, North Carolina, which operated from 23 December 1887 until 14 October 1905. Earlier the post office was Stickridge (which operated from 8 December 1885 until 23 December 1887). Source: Caswell County, North Carolina Post Offices.