Thursday, December 27, 2007

Viola S. Lewis Letter to Santa Claus (1927)

The Bee (Danville, Virginia) 22 December 1927 (Page 7)

Letters to Santa Claus

Dear Santa,

I am a little girl 9 years old. I go to school. I am in the third grade. I want you to bring me a doll, a pretty cloak, a sewing machine, and don't forget Mama and Papa and my two little sisters and my little brother, bring them some toys too.

Your little friend
Viola Lewis
Pelham, N.C.

December 1927
_______________

Viola S. Lewis (born c.1919) was the daughter of James P. and Bettie Ann Lewis of the Pelham Community of Caswell County, North Carolina.

Sadly, only a few years later just before Christmas Viola S. Lewis lost her mother:

The Bee (Danville, Virginia) 22 December 1933 (Page 4)

Death of Mrs. Lewis

Mrs. Bety Ann Lewis died at her home near Pelham, N. C. yesterday afternoon at 3:15 o'clock. She was 37 years of age. Funeral services will be conducted at the residence Saturday afternoon at 1:30 o'clock, and interment will be in the Mayfield church cemetery.

Mrs. Lewis is survived by her husband J. P. Lewis and and the following children: Viola Lewis, Annie Lewis, Irene Lewis, James Lewis, Willie Lewis and Harold Lewis, all of Pelham, N. C.

Permalink

No comments:

Post a Comment