Saturday, November 02, 2019

Nethery/Poteat's Store (Caswell County, North Carolina)

Nethery/Poteat's Store

Location: intersection of Park Springs Road and Wildwood Lake Road in Caswell County, North Carolina.
_______________

"Lillian Nethery my grandma and her husband Wilson Nethery ran store for years then my mama Jane Poteat and my daddy Wade Poteat. My brother ran it for many years after my daddy passed away. The store was closed in 2000."

Source: Stacey Poteat Hamlett 1 November 2019 Post to the Caswell County Historical Association Facebook Page.


 Earlier the store was known as:

E. W. Nethery General Merchandise

"Back in the day it was Netherys store owned by Wilson and Lillian Nethery, my great aunt and uncle. Later it became Poteats store owned by her daughter Jane Poteat and her husband, Wade. The last to operate it was Tommy Poteat, Jane’s son."

Source: Brenda Pruitt 2 November 2019 Post to the Caswell County Historical Association Facebook Page.

_______________



No comments:

Post a Comment